Sunday, October 26, 2014

This Ain't Even My Final Form! (And the final countdown for Halloween)

wow, such shoggoth

Greetings, boys and ghouls!

     Optiluiz here on this fine random day of the week! I won't bother commenting on our late posts anymore, though I guess it's good that we don't give up on posting, even when life gets in the way! But in any case, Halloween is almost upon is, my friends, so why don't we all prepare for this most frightful holiday? (And by the way, I totally rock as a shoggoth/alien from "The Thing" in the comic).

     This has been a very interesting October for myself, and part of that is due to my published stories. This past week another spooky tale of mine, "Neighborhood Watch", showed up on Saturday Night Reader! I hope you all take a few moments to visit this wonderful site and read the new story and enjoy the rain! And don't forget, on All Hallow's Eve my latest scary story will also be on the site! Now here's a picture of some of my Halloween stuff to get us in the mood...

much horror, wow


     So, these past few weeks I've been reading Stephen King's Night Shift to get in the Samhain spirit, and it's totally been worth it. I've never actually read his short stories before, and the quality of these was a real surprise. King's always been an inspiration of mine, and as a fellow short-story author, I respect him even more now. (Especially after the story about sentient toy army-men!). As I've said before, I've also been watching Fear Itself, and I don't regret a minute of it. So far my favourite episode is Eater, by Stuart Gordon (the director of Dagon!), but I'm sure the best is yet to come.

     I think that's all for today, as I still have to deal with some writing issues and prepare the coming week's last Halloween review! I can only promise you it'll be a... revving good time! Also, wish me luck on my Jason costume for Friday's party. I hope you enjoyed this week's post, and that you all have a great week! I'll leave you with the intro to Fear Itself, featuring the song "Lie lie lie" (which is still playing inside my head as I write this).


Chainsaw cheers,

Optiluiz out.

(5 days 'till Halloween)

PS: If you guys haven't checked out the much-belated Director's Cut of Clive Barker's "Nightbreed", do so right now!

PSS: Sorry for the bad quality picture, I'm using a spare phone since my good one with the decent camera died on me.

PSSS: Yes, that is a Sam bookmark from Trick'r'Treat sticking out of Night Shift.

No comments:

Post a Comment