Saturday, September 7, 2019

The Life & Times of Optiluiz - Part III



Greetings, Epic Clubbers!

Optiluiz here once more with a comic that isn't obcenely late! I mean, I know we technically haven't been following a schedule for years now, but I like how weekly updates look on my dashboard. Don't you? Anyway, how've ya'll been this week?

Today's comic has actually been ready for quite a while now, but I was rather busy with class, work and social shenanigans this week. Luckily for you guys, today I'm just wiping pizza grease off my fingertips, having just had one of my traditional double-feature picture shows. The movies in question were Detroit Rock City and Gags The Clown. I enjoyed both, but the former more than the latter.

Thanks to Sr. M's tragic lack of free time and a fortunate willingness to lend me his stuff, I've also been playing a lot of Days Gone this past week. It's no masterpiece or anything like that, but I'm having fun with the game, and I actually enjoy the motorcycle maintenance. It feels refreshing to play something recent for a change, though I think I'm going to give Mario Galaxy another try after I'm done with this one.

Well, as September rolls in, the decade is one step closer to a horrible death, and I'm not sure what that means for us but there's no stopping it, that's for sure. I feel like I've always been particularily sensitive towards what people refer to as the "zeitgeist", and I admit that I've been feeling a certain amount of anxiety about the passage of time. However, it probably has more to do with the fact that I'll be 25 years old soon, but I'd rather not discuss that right now.

I think that's about it for now, but keep tuning in for more comics. The structure of this story is going to be a bit different, but I hope you guys enjoy the new direction. Plus, I've been thinking about a change in art-style, but we'll talk about that another time. Thanks for visiting, and keep on rocking in the free world. I'll leave you with a song that I've been listening to every night for a while now. Hope you enjoy it.

Chainsaw cheers,

-Optiluiz out.

PS: It Chapter Two was good but I'm still frustrated with the changes to the book, though I think a re-edit of both films as a mini-series would work much better.

PPS: Don't forget to keep up with my work at Strategy Informer and Bloody-Disgusting!

PPPS: I've been reading ECB's back catalogue, and despite the cringe, I really fucking love this blog. That doesn't mean it's good, though.


No comments:

Post a Comment