Friday, March 14, 2014

Were-Pandas and paranormal stuff and things...

Wow, such vicious.
     Greetings!

     Optiluiz here once more on this fine Friday evening. Yeah, I brought back the Were-Panda. I like the Were-Panda. Anyways, Max and I have been having some actual adventures late. Reliving the glory days of old, and being superheroes and whatnot, but that's a story for another time. Right now, let's rejoice because our dragons are alive! Now it's up to you readers to decide their names!

     Well, one viewer suggested that we made a post on werewolves and other paranormal things. Since I love you guys and would do almost anything for views, let's do this! 

     It's no secret that I'm a sucker for all things paranormal, especially cryptozoology (the study of 'secret' or 'hidden' creatures), and few legends can compete with that of the werewolf, predating bigfoot and even nessie. You see, werewolves have been recorded in history since before the ancient Greeks, though the mythology isn't always consistent with what we consider to be 'modern werewolves'. Even vikings belived in shapeshifting warriors which could turn into animals by donning the pelt of a predator. Now here's some wolf-inspired art!

Ketrin draws better than me g.g
     Like it? If you want to see more of these fine drawings, visit my cousin Ketrin's blog at http://katzdesenhos.blogspot.com.br/ ! She draws a lot better than myself, so I think you'll enjoy it. 

     Now back to werewolves, like witches, many people were persecuted during medieval times under suspicion of lycanthropy (the condition of being a werewolf, which nowadays refers to the psychological affliction). But in fact, many medieval doctors already suspected this to be an illness of the mind, and not actual black magic, though many accused were burned at the stake. Even so, the legend of the werewolf lives on, and I know a lot of people, even inside my own family, that swear that they've seen a wolfman at one point or another. I wish I'll get to see something like that some day...

     I think that's all I can say regarding werewolves, but if you're interested in the subject, I recommend you watch American Werewolf in London, the Ginger Snaps trilogy and Dog Soldiers! These are my favourite werewolf movies, and I'll leave a mini-documentary regarding the infamous Warren paranormal investigators facing a supposed werewolf. So, I hope you guys have a great weekend, and tell us what you think our dragons should be named!







Chainsaw cheers,

Optiluiz out.

PS: Max prefers to be a vampire, but more on that later...

PPS: I'm a werewolf in Skyrim, so yeah...

4 comments:

  1. I read this one but I didnt comment. What's wrong with me? Whatever, my lady (Lord, sorry). Werewolves ♥ One of my favorite characters is a werewolf. I'm not talking about Jacob (from Twilight), you little bastard. I'm talking about Derek from Darkest Powers Trilogy. He is so amazing. I would say "You should read it" but I know you wouldn't like it, so I won't suggest it for you. But IT IS amazing. Oh, Gosh. Now my panties are wet (KIDDING)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Werewolves are waaaay cooler than vampires. Werewolves are actual monsters, not just sexy teenagers.

    ReplyDelete