Saturday, February 22, 2014

Ragnarok is upon is!

I'm the Dragonborn, motherfucker!

Greetings,

     Optiluiz here on this fine day for an apocalypse. Haven't you heard? Ragnarok is upon us! In case you don't know, Ragnarok is the nordic end of days, where the world will be engulfed in three consecutive winters and war shall bring humanity to ruin. Oh, and Odin will be viciously murdered on the battlefield by Fenrir the wolf. There was also something about Frost Giants setting the world on fire, but I didn't pay much attention. Apparently, today is the date, or so some british dudes say.

     As you can see, I'm extremely well-prepared for the event and shall save us all. My experience in Skyrim and movie-watching will be invaluable to lead the survivors to prosperity. Max will probably die, though. And since the world might end, why don't you enjoy this really old creepy doodle of mine?

Creepy, no?
     Funny enough, this was a character in a story of mine about the end of the world. But now, here's something special for you guys... How about an apocalyptic movie marathon? Here are a few excellent movies (In my humble opinion, of course), to see you through Ragnarok! (I left imdb links on the movie titles so you can find out more about them).

     28 Days Later: This is one of my personal favourites, one of the best horror movies ever made. Everything is so goddamn perfect in this movie, I can't even describe it. It's a realistic zombie apocalypse, and an emotional and thought-provoking experience. Go see this right now if you already haven't!

     Mad Max 2:  Also known as the Road Warrior in North America, this is one of the best action movies ever made, and the one that started the whole post-apocalyptic wasteland thing. Some people prefer the first, but I think the second one is a perfect blend of memorable characters, good story and great action sequences! Avoid the third one though...

     Diary of the Dead: Now a lot of people don't like this one, but I think it's one of the better zombie and found-footage movies out there, plus it's directed by mr. undead himself, George Romero! This is actually a very personal film, with some deep themes about distancing yourself from hurtful experiences. Give it a chance!

     The World's End: This is the most recent movie on the list, but I assure you it's one of the best. More of a comedy than anything else, it still earned it's place on this list. I was originally stuck between Shaun of the Dead and This is the End, but in the end this really is the better film.

     The Road: So, this is by far the saddest movie on this list, not just because of the whole apocalypse thing. Seriously, if you don't feel anything watching this go see a doctor immediatly. But, sadness aside, it's a great film, and one of the more realistic apocalyptic scenarios.

     There are MANY more great apocalyptic movies out there, but for now I think these are good. I hope you all survive so the Epic Club Blog can live on under the watchful guidance of your saviour, Optiluiz. I think that's all for now, and watch out for more updates by Max. I'll leave you with a fitting song, which sadly isn't the Final Countdown. Anyway, here it is:







Chainsaw cheers, 

Optiluiz out.

PS: I expect the views on the blog to grow, apocalypse or not!

PPS: Sorry for being late!

No comments:

Post a Comment