Thursday, May 12, 2016

Optiluiz's Day Off - Part I


Greetings, Epic Clubbers!

Optiluiz here with some good news, for once! The blog is back, baby, and it feels to good to post here again, despite the hectic schedule and broken promises. How have you guys been? Our last real post was in November of 2015, so I bet you've had some interesting adventures in the mean-time. I sure have, but I think I covered most of that in our recent video update (yeah, we do that now!).

First of all, I think I should introduce our new comic format, where every three-panel comic is a part of a larger story, which will eventually be combined into 3x4 pages for your reading pleasure! Max is busy for now, sadly, but will be helping us out eventually. I'm in charge of the art for now, but that's alright since I'm taking a story-boarding course at college, which is certainly improving my drawing skills (I hope).

In other news, our Magic: The Gathering inspired film is finally taking shape, as I've finished most of what we consider our 'script', and have obtained exclusive rights to shoot at our local game store. All that's left is to secure props and some more equipment, and production will commence! For now, I'm just playing with a new Shadows Over Innistrad deck, which is one of my favourite sets so far due to the numerous horror references present in a lot of the cards.

That's all for now, folks, but I hope to get back to you soon. If I do manage to maintain a regular schedule this time, we'll be dealing with one comic a week, forming a full page every month, with over-arching stories that can last anywhere from a few months to a full year. I'm happy to be back, Epic Clubbers, and I hope you'll stay with us on this new journey into the internet beyond.

Chainsaw cheers,

-Optiluiz out.

PS: Check out my jam of the week below! Radiohead is back in this charming new video with a pinch of 70s horror!


No comments:

Post a Comment